Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Experiment 03: Week 02 - Independent Study

Below are three image captures of my experimentation so far. I've basically built a mirrored space to make it easier to compare the two different flame effects. The only real difference is that in the new space, the flame has bursts. I still have about 3 more tutorials on particles to watch and progress at the moment is a bit slow. I got conjunctivitis on Saturday 11/10/08 which has contributed to this.




In terms of making the draft for the experimental video, I currently have a problem with recording footage from UT3. Below is a screenshot of my problem. It seems to record all the windows in UT3 rather than focus on the in-game window. I'm sure its easy to fix. Just dont know how at the moment. 'll try to fix it in Thursdays tutorial.

UPDATE:

I'm currently in tutorial class (Thursday 16 October, 2008) and have properly recorded footage of my experimentation and progress so far in UT3. I have also quickly done a draft experimentation video. It was done quickly so it's not the best. I already have some ideas for the Snakes and ladder style game our group intends to pursue. For the sake of keeping our assignment unique, I can discuss this in person to those interested. Till then. Back to work.




No comments: